Forbo ESD flooring tiles, a premier, time tested solution for static control environments and specified for some of the finest facilities in the world. The following specifications pertain to Forbo Colorex. Available in both static dissipative and conductive resistance ranges, these vinyl tiles provide exceptional electrical properties and years of (wax free), low maintenance service. Colorex is an excellent choice for controlling ESD in clean rooms, electronic or semi-conductor manufacturing, computer rooms, repair facilities or anywhere sensitive electronics are utilized. Forbo's resilient tightly compacted composition features permanent conductivity. Unlike many ESD Vinyl's Forbo Colorex doesn't flake break or degrade even in the harshest of environments. It's clean room compliant, DOP Free and offers excellent stain resistance.
1. PRODUCT NAME COLOREX® EL and AS
1.1) Proprietary Product: Colorex EL + AS Conductive/Dissipative Vinyl Tile Resilient Floor Covering.
1.2) Manufacturer / Distributor: Forbo Industries, Inc. / United Static Control Products.com Inc
1.3) Proprietary Product Description
Construction: Colorex is a homogeneous constructed product sliced from a pressed vinyl block to assure a highly flexible tile of dense construction, dimensionally stable, extremely hardwearing, with a completely non-directional pattern.
Tile Size. . . . . .24.2" x 24.2" (61.5 cm x 61.5 cm)
Gauge . . . . . . .0.080" (2.0 mm)
2. PRODUCT PERFORMANCE AND TECHNICAL DATA
2.1) Flexibility: Meets or exceeds Federal Specification SS-T-312B, Type III, Vinyl Tile.
2.2) Electrical Resistance -- EL --2.5 x 10E04 to 10E06 ohms. AS --10EO6 to 10E08 ohms.
2.3) Static Load Limit: ASTM F-970 -- 1,500 Pounds Per Square Inch
2.4) Static Decay: FTMS 4046 (101C) 5,000 to 50 Volts EC --Less than 0.01 second. SD --0.02 second.
2.5) Static Propensity: AATCC-134 EC + SD - Less than 100 volts (with heel straps).
2.6) Slip Resistance: Meets or exceeds Federal standards and A.D.A. recommendations of .6 for flat surfaces.
2.7) Fire Resistance:
* ASTM E-662/NFPA 258 (Smoke Density)--450 or less.
* ASTM E-648/NFPA 253 (Critical Radiant Flux)--Class 1.
2.8) Dimensional Stability: Meets or exceeds Federal Specification SS-T-312B, Type III, Vinyl Tile.
2.9) Electrical Resistance: Conforms to criteria as set forth in NFPA 99, ASTM 150, EOS/ESD-D.S.7.1.
2.10) Chemical Resistance: Exposure time one hour.
* Sulfuric Acid (Conc.) 95%, No effect
* Sulfuric Acid (77%), no effect
* Sulfuric Acid (5%), no effect
* Nitric Acid (Conc.), Very Slight Surface Attack
* Nitric Acid (5%), no effect
* Hydrochloric Acid (Conc.), no effect
* Hydrochloric Acid (5%), Very Slight Dulling
* Acetic Acid (Conc.), no effect
* Acetic Acid (5%), no effect
* Sodium Hydroxide (50%), no effect
* Ammonium Hydroxide (28%), no effect
* Methyl Alcohol, no effect
* Ethyl Alcohol, no effect
* Butyl Alcohol, no effect
* Phenol, very slight surface attack
* Benzene, no effect
* Xylene, no effect
* Cresol, very slight surface attack
* Gasoline, Mineral Oil, Vegetable Oil, no effect
* Chloroform, no effect
* Carbon Tetrachloride, no effect
* Trichloroethylene, no effect
* Acetone, no effect
* Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Slight Surface dulling
* Amyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, no effect
* Silver Nitrate (40%), Slight Brown stain
* Ethyl Ether, no effect
* Formaldehyde (40%), no effect
* Iodine, Yellow Stain
* Most stains may be removed by light sanding
4. AVAILABILITY AND COST
4.1) Available through authorized Forbo Industries Distributor: United Static Control Products.
5.1) Limited 5-year warranty. For complete details, contact United Static Control Products.
6.1) After installation is complete, allow 72 hours for adhesive to properly bond and cure before implementing initial maintenance procedures.
7. TECHNICAL SERVICES
7.1) Samples: Submittal samples for verification and approval available upon request from UltraStat 2000.com. Samples shall be submitted in compliance with the requirements of the Contract Documents. Accepted and approved samples shall constitute the standard materials which represent materials installed in the project.
7.2) For current Installation and Maintenance Manuals, Architect Specifications, Product Specifications and other technical data, contact United Static Control Products Inc.